NEW STORY CHALLENGE

 Ray Bradbury said in one of his lectures that it is impossible to write 52 bad stories in a row and encouraged writers to write a story a week for a year. He is exactly right. I mean it's Ray Bradbury who wrote well over six hundred stories before he got his first acceptance. Yeah, not many people know about that. If you want some interresting reading google writer rejections and you will learn a thing or two.


I'm going to do this challenge plus I'm going to publish the story at the end of the week. I indie publish everything I write for the most part. Though lately I've fallen short on the publishing thing. I've got stories written now that are just sitting in my back log. Does nobody any good that way.


To add to that I'm writing two stories a week instead of that one. One story doesn't seem enough to me so I'm adding one. Plus I'd like ot have a hundred stories up by the end of the year and add in small collections. I have to get as many stories up as possible. Back some time agoe Dean Wesley Smith did something similar to this.


I'll also be posting this on my facebook page at the Creature Corner as well when I have the release for those that want to follow along. I'll be adding little introductions to each story about the process or writing it and some of life/ work complications and a few little post along the way on how to seperate your job from your writing life. This is a big one. Seems a lot can get in the way of your writing.


Keep writing and keep having fun and try to ingnore all the nonsense going on in this world and allow yourself to escape for a while and read some good stories.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW BLOG (Week 4)